10 Advantages Of Having A Car And Driving A Driving Instructor A Short Appearing For Driving Test Know The Driving Appearing For Driving Theory Applying To Become A Police Are Superhero Movies Prompting Vigilantes Are There Motorcycle Driving Are You In Danger Police Avoiding A Totting Up Driving Ban And Losing Basic Traffic Rules That Csi (season 4) Dvd Review Custom Embroidered Police Patches Can Be Just Dangers On The Road That Could Driver Fatigue Guidelines That Truck Accident Driving Sample Tests Driving Test Important In Order For One To Get Driving Theory Test Learn The Highway Driving Theory Test Software Cd For Car Bike Establish Teen Driving Rules Fatal Motorcycle Crash Takes The Life Five Golden Rules Of Driving Traffic Guam Police Records Hgv Long Distance Driving Ц The Rules How Are The Police How Children Honor The Police How To Book Your How To Comprehend Road Accident Claims How To Dodge The Police How To Get A Car At Police How To Make Money How to renewing the photo on your Jacksonville Traffic Attorney Violation Of Traffic Laws Governing A Car Crash Lost Driving Licence How To Replace Motorcycle Accident Claims My Wife Is Pregnant New Rules Remove Medically New Threats To Irish Online Drivers Education Courses Police Car Lights Safety Warning Police Detail Katt Williams Bizarre Behavior Police Equipment To Keep Police Officers Painless Scheduling Right Hand Drive Cars 4 X 4 In Dubai Road Safety Driving Through A Bend Road Safety Tips For Australian Road Safety With Motorcycle Helmets Rules And Regulations Of Car Driving Rules Governing The Use Of Power Rural Road Safety Tips Stay Safe Road Safety Tips Tea Approved Courses For Road Terrible Accidents On The Road And Accident Texas Online Defensive Driving Course The Importance Of Using Headlights For Road The Rules Of Photography The Uk Provisional Driving Licence The Whiplash Accident Claims Threat Of Road Accidents Tips For Your Road Safety Tips To Comprehend A Road Touch Screen Kiosks And Displays For Police Unspoken Rules Of The Road Updated Copy Online On Illinois What Determines The Cost What Legal Recourse Do Police When Taking The Police
When Taking The Police Test Why Do Some Police Candidates Have An Unfair AdvantageWhy do friends and relatives of police officers do well on police judgment/situation questions and have an unfair advantage? Although it's a federal mandate that you're not required to know police procedures when taking law enforcement entrance exams, many test makers conclude that police procedures are just common sense. They're usually included in the test in some form. The reason: they measure two very important traits needed for police work: JUDGMENT and COMMON SENSE.
But here's THE DILEMMA: to really do well on these judgment questions you need more than just common sense. The reason police friends and relatives do well, is that they're familiar with police language and police thinking. This gives them a DECISIVE EDGE when they choose answers to these questions.
Ideally, you shouldn't need to know police procedures and policies or the law; you should just be able to interpret them. Realistically, if you know the basic philosophies of police procedures before taking the test, answering the questions becomes much easier.
To Answer Police Situational Questions You Must Think Like a Police Officer
If you had a friend or relative who was on the police force they could help you THINK LIKE a police officer and give YOU an edge when answering police situational questions.
In this article I will give you some important tips and strategies on how to handle difficult police situation questions. The goal is to help you THINK LIKE a police officer. It will not only give you an edge for the written test, but also will help you with the ORAL INTERVIEW.
On the test you'll be given police procedures and asked to apply them to situations. You'll be tested on your ability to remember information, analyze data and apply it using common sense, good judgment and the ability to solve problems.
Most police procedure questions ask: What would YOU do if Assume you're a police officer. How would you respond? The questions are based on ACTUAL POLICE SITUATIONS.
For instance: What would you do if you saw a man walking down the street dressed only in a baseball hat, (naked) carrying a baseball bat? Arrest him? On what charge? What would you do?
The first thing you should do is to ask questions and try to determine what happened. He may be a victim of a crime. Don't jump to conclusions.
TIP: Do the most important things first! It's IMPORTANT TO PRIORITIZE your response to the situation. It's also important to familiarize yourself with the role of a police officer in the particular police department you hope to join. Each department has a definite set of priorities that govern a cop's decision-making process.
Here are some important factors you should know when answering police judgment questions.
1. Protect the welfare of citizens, victims, and fellow officers. ALWAYS tend to and assist anyone who is in danger, injured, wounded or in the line of fire, etc. Help anyone in danger. Repeat, your most important job is to always assist and protect endangered people FIRST. This includes victims of crimes, injured persons, physically endangered persons and potential victims.
2. Secure public order. Keep the peace against acts of aggression, riots, armed suspects and destruction of property.
3. Uphold the laws. Arrest those who violate the laws, protect crime scenes and preserve evidence. Enforce laws, investigate violations of law and make arrests when necessary.
4. Help those needing assistance. This duty focuses on people not in immediate danger, such as non-injured victims of crimes, the mentally ill, the homeless, neglected children and lost or stranded persons.
5. Maintain order on your beat. Check your beat for suspects and suspicious activity. Investigate suspicious persons, potential hazards, etc. Know your beat by becoming familiar with the physical structure, the streets, the buildings and the people, especially the criminal element.
6. Maintain proper flow of traffic. Make sure damaged traffic signs and lights are repaired. Make sure proper direction of traffic is conducted with the use of traffic cones and traffic officers until repairs are made.
Based on using the police priority factor, what do you do in the following situation?
You are a police officer is working a security guard detail at the state fair. Which of the following situations do you handle first?
1. There is a crowd forming around two unarmed teenagers arguing.
2. A dumpster sitting next to the main tent pavilion is on fire.
3. The Ferris wheel is stuck in midair with people still on it.
4. A man, who is obviously drunk, has passed out and is lying by the ticket booth.
The correct answer is 2: The dumpster on fire should be dealt with first. It is sitting next to the main tent pavilion and is possibly a danger to many people.
The Value of Police Hierarchy The police officer's job is extremely hard at times. He/she is expected to make quick decisions in situations involving conflicting values.
It may be necessary to choose between allowing dangerous criminals escape or risking serious injury to a hostage.
Some departments set clear parameters for many of these types of situations. But, because of all the unforeseen situations officers face on a daily basis, these parameters cannot cover every possible type of situation.
That is why law enforcement agencies test your practical judgment and common sense so intensely. It's also why it is SO IMPORTANT you know the priority list used by police agencies before you take your test. YOU MUST KNOW what they consider the order of importance to successfully answer police situational questions. The Police Hierarchy List You'll notice Police Hierarchy is similar to the Police Priority list but they're not the same.
While Police Priority is concerned with order of importance, Police Hierarchy deals with rank and authority. LEARN THEM BOTH if you want to do well on police situation questions. Plus, it will go a long way in helping you make good decisions when you become a law enforcement officer. Here is the most commonly used Police Hierarchy:
1. PROTECTING LIFE AND LIMB IS #1. Always take action first on those things that pose a threat to someone's safety and tend to injured people: performing first aid, calling for an ambulance, etc.
2. Obeying orders in emergency situations is the #2 priority.
Obeying orders should be done at all times. The only exception is when the order interferes with the protection of life and limb or violates the law.
привтикAll rights Reserved
Be aware on the road!